Call for Chapters
Strategic Management in the Age of Digital Transformation
Prof. John Metselaar
Professor Leading Innovation, at the Solvay Brussels School. Director Innovation & Digital Transformation at The Conference Board. Former P&G Executive. Belgium
Call for a book chapter
Use this exclusive opportunity to extend your research work and contribute to our upcoming Open Access book, Strategic Management in the Age of Digital Transformation with ISBN 978-1-8381524-3-7. Prepare your proposal and submit it via the online submission form. Make sure to stipulate that you agree to publish your chapter as part of the Open Access Book. Upon successful screening by the editorial board to ensure that the proposal adheres to the quality and focus requirements, your proposal will be sent for a double-blind peer-review process. If your book proposal is accepted, you will receive an open-access publication confirmation. You will then work closely with the Book Editor to deliver the final manuscript.
- Proposals Submission Deadline: 25 November 2020
- Full Chapters Due: 18 December 2020
About the Book
Strategic management, the strategic use of resources to achieve organizational goals and objectives require reflection on the processes and procedures within the organization as well as external factors that may impact how the organizations function. While the current era is characterized by booming of digital transformation, the new technologies affect the dynamics and outcomes of business processes and the understanding of strategic management. In fact, there is little knowledge of strategic management in the digital transformation era and the scholars and practitioners know little about the dynamics of new technologies and their impacts on strategic decision-making process.
The upcoming Open Access Book “Strategic Management in the Age of Digital Transformation” will welcome contributions and chapter proposals consisting of novel research approaches – conceptual, empirical, case studies, surveys – from different disciplines that demonstrate a good fit with the main themes of strategic management and the digital transformation era.
The book chapters are expected to advance the current knowledge of strategic management in the digital transformation era through investigating the impacts of new technologies and identifying key drivers of strategic management development.
Digital transformation entails and enables a wide range of changes in the organizations’ strategies, interactions, and processes. The aim of this Open Access Book is to examine how and to what extent new technologies can contribute to the development of strategic management in organizations and to define the future strategies.
In this context, relevant themes and topics include, but not limited to:
- Impacts of digital transformation on organizational strategies
- Company competitiveness
- Dynamics of digital transformation
- Opportunities and challenges for public organizations and private businesses
- Decision-making processes
- Strategic management and the role of new digital technologies
- Entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial process
- New strategies and the digital transformation
- Business models
- Qualitative and quantitative changes in business operations
- Efficiency, Growth, Performance and innovation
- Opportunities for entrepreneurship
- Decision-making in the digital transformation era
- Integration or convergence of new technologies
- Business development strategies
- New venture creation in the era of digital transformation
- Networks and digital transformation
Book Chapter Submissions
- Proposal submissions must be original and must not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- All proposals must follow the guidelines of the template available on the Book project page.
- The Review and final acceptance decisions will be based on relevance, quality, innovative content, and originality of research approaches and results.
- Proposals should be submitted via the online Proposal Submission Form.